GLOBAL MOBILE DATA BY REGION ( data provided by Cisco )
MOBILE INTERNET VS DESKTOP INTERNET
1. Wearable Technology – Wearable technology ( google glass and Samsung Gear and the rise of connected devices a rise of virtual reality will impact mobile marketing and the way we interact with technology and daily life. –
2. Mobile Big Data:Brands and companies are trying to decipher the” The wealth of insights” which travels across the mobile networks which contain enormous” pipes of data waiting to be unravelled for marketing .Mobile Operators will more or less be a platform which will act as “ conduit for “ providing real time intelligence that enable marketers to create more tailored, relevant data-led campaigns.
3. Mobile Shopping to exceed Online Shopping: Needless to add , mobile commerce has finally come of age .Although Desktop ( online shopping continues to be quite big) the Mobile Shopping has grown enormously According to BI IntelligenceIin January 2013, 29% of mobile users have now made a purchase with their phones. 40% of all visits to their Walmart’s internet shopping site in December 2012 was from a mobile device.
4. Connected Devices to replace PCs:Bank of America predicts $67.1 billion in purchases will be made from mobile devices by European and U.S. shoppers in 2015. Mobile retailers in UK alone are expected to increase revenues up to 31% in FY 2013-14.
5. Mobile Automative Alliance : Integration and vehicle integration to enhance their device ecosystems. In an effort to make it easier for Android to enter vehicles, major players in the auto and technology industries, including Google, Audi, GM, Honda, Hyndai and NVIDIA, have come together to form the Open Automotive Alliance (OAA).